Legal Administrative Assistant
Groombridge Wu’s New York office is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to support the attorneys of our firm. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic, is an enthusiastic self-starter who has excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills under time constraints, attention to detail, and is comfortable working in a dynamic, deadline-driven workplace. Candidates must be able to think proactively and creatively and interact with all levels of professionals inside and outside the firm. Previous experience as an assistant to patent litigators is a plus. The position requires excellent judgment and communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Manage attorneys’ schedule and appointments, and enter important departmental and committee meetings as appropriate for the attorneys
- Answer, screen and place telephone calls as required by attorneys and deliver messages promptly
- Monitor emails and respond promptly as necessary
- Open and sort mail and ensure all outgoing mail has proper labels and mailing forms attached
- Set up and/or coordinate conference calls as instructed using conference call service, Zoom or Teams
- Set up conference rooms for client meetings with appropriate equipment, food and beverages as necessary
- Make travel arrangements (air, restaurant, hotel, etc.) as instructed and ensure all travel information is listed on the attorneys’ calendars
- Prepare and enter expense reports electronically
- Create/release time entry for attorneys
- Assist attorneys in submitting conflict check requests
- Prepare and proofread documents, including engagement letters
- Collaborate with other team members to complete projects and meet deadlines
- Create and revise correspondence and legal documents using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Save/file documents in document management system
- Blackline documents; and convert documents to pdf format
- Assist attorneys with preparation and regular updates of exhibits, binders, indexes, etc., in connection with trials, and depositions, if applicable
- Minimum of five years of experience as a legal assistant or, in the alternative, a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience as a legal assistant, preferably at a large law firm or patent litigation firm
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing, time-management, recordkeeping, and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, competing priorities, and tight deadlines simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Knowledge of legal documents and procedures is preferred
- Experience with legal document management and reimbursement software is a plus
Location and Hours
- On-site at the firm’s Manhattan location (with the option of remote work up to two days a week)
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with the expectation of overtime availability as needed
The salary range for this role is $75,000 – $95,000 and represents the Firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications and location.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter/email highlighting their relevant experience and explaining their interest in the position. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Assistant Application.” We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Groombridge Wu is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.